Sunday 26 February 2012

Pelham Puppets

Many years ago when I was in junior school I started collecting puppets because my family would buy them for my birthday and Christmases. My grandmother started it all off when she gave me the Pelham Puppet "Poodle."  It was a simple puppet but more sophisticated ones were eventually added to the collection. I liked those with a moving mouth best. In the end I had about twelve yellow boxes that contained my puppets. Sadly they mysteriously disappeared a few years back but fortunately I had taken one to a different location, so I still have "Mike Mercury!" But I digress...

Two weeks ago out of the blue David Leech who used to work at the Pelham workshop contacted me and commissioned a simple 5 page website. Thinking about it he may even have created my childhood puppet (anyway, I'd like to think so) He also suggested having a video channel to show puppetry skills and instructions on how to untangle strings. So I created the Pelham Puppet Television test card, of which I am very proud.

There was a two page article in the local newspaper which featured the new website. I designed the site to look like a stage with rich red curtains and even footlights. The background image includes the famous coloured strings which were always used on their puppets and features the central page as the well known Pelham Puppet yellow box.

Here is the link to Pelham Puppets

No comments:

Post a Comment